Friday, June 14, 2013

The Beginning

...so a few mornings ago, I was sifting through my email like any other day. I am a member of LinkedIn, so I of course have subscriptions that are suggested for me either daily or a few times a week. I am always looking for quick-snippets to read, that can provide me just simple tips for self improvement whether at home, or in my professional life.

I happened to see this quote in my inbox:

 Acceptance is not submission; it is acknowledgement of the facts of a situation. Then deciding what you're going to do about it.

― Kathleen Casey Theisen        



and then I came across my LinkedIn email alert "Top Content, Tailored For You" and when I viewed that email, I was brought to an article that consisted of an interview with Ms. Grubin. Here's the article link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/yasamin-beitollahi/happiness_b_3380462.html

I began to explore and as usual, ended up spending more than just the few minutes it usually takes me to go through my email and internet needs in the morning.

I clicked on the link to purchase the book, peeked inside, and that was it. I was hooked. I was inspired, hopeful, and contemplative. I couldn't wait to share it with my best friend! I texted her and emailed her the link to the book.

Two days later, at an after-work rendezvous for girl time and chit chat, I read her some excerpts from the book with hopes that she would accept my eagerness as her own.

Today, I received a text from her at 7am (unheard of on any other day) and she said, "You inspired me yesterday! Go to happiness-project.com then click on *your happiness project*...Let's do this together! Please, please, please!!!"

Of course I called her right away, knowing she was awake...and here we are. Both excited, motivated, and bursting with anticipation for where this journey will take us!

I decided to start a blog about our journey to happiness, so Girls Gone Happy is just that: our journey.

Read along, join in, or pass by...but we are on our way to happy, starting right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment